Generally, we want to indulge less, exercise more and be better people…. However it’s time to ponder some specific (and accomplishable) new year’s resolutions for your business.
- Nurture your most loyal and profitable clients . Chances are they’ll sing your praises and refer more business to you.
- Give something back to your community. Help a cause that matters to you and you’ll potentially give your team new purpose whilst boosting your reputation.
- Promote your business effectively. Join a networking or business group and get your business in the public arena. Consider the benefits of social networking and marketing.
- Read a business book every month. Keep up with the changing world, enhance your knowledge and leadership skills.
- Get professional education and development. As a leader you must continue evolving, extend your education to remain engaged and focused on the future of your business.
- Learn to listen more. Be available and engage your team daily to see how they’re tracking. You’ll diffuse potential problems before they arise and witness valuable raw idea creation.
- Empower your team. Only your team cangrow your business – they need to share your vision and have the necessary drive or incentive to achieve the goals that you set. If it’s not working, get rid of it . Whether it be a product offering, a machine, a supplier or even an employee, don’t waste time and energy squeezing a round peg through a square hole. Trim the fat and invest in new muscle.